Monday, October 22, 2012

Mavericks

Bismillah.

Mavericks. Sounds pretty cool right? The first time I've heard this word was when I was about to perform for my Readers Theater/Reading back in Asasi TESL. It was conducted by a group of TESL seniors. Mavericks is actually (in my definition) something that we do, more or like a warm up session before acting. It doesn't matter whether it is for theater or any type of acting performances. 

Initially, I didn't really want to join it because it was held on weekend. And on Sunday (the heck?! I need my sleep. OK no lah.) but there was one spot left when I went for Ethos! Society meeting and I was thinking "Why not?" and they said that Radhi Khalid would be there whom I've mistaken for Radhi OAG. T.T 

Anyway, it started at 10 and scheduled to end at 5 but it was extended for another hour. Typically, I would just complain of the long hours but I had so much fun I actually walked home smiling. 

There were Radhi Khalid and Soosan Hoh as facilitators and they are just beyond awesome. Very cool and 'laid back'. The participants were also very 'expressive' as how Miss Soosan have said. Everyone was such a sport! Level of cooperation was top notch. There were Part 1 students (which includes me) to even Part 7 students participated. It was so much fun!

We did warming up and warming down session, we danced and of course even acted. To be honest, my level of confidence just shot up while I was there. Most probably because of the vibe I got from everyone. The excitement was just overwhelming. Not to forget, Madam Rosalind was also very very very sporting. She danced to hip-hop and everyone was like "Daangggg,"!

The funny part was when Cikgu Radhi, Miss Soosan and Madam Rosalind sat in front, it was like a portrait of  1Malaysia. Emma realized it first. :D 

Nevertheless, I did not regret that my name was written in that list of participant even though I was the last one. 

Sorry got no pictures on you bout this one :P

Peace out!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment